It’s only the first week of June, but temperatures are already climbing. With consistent weeks of temperatures in the 70s and near 80s coming up, you’ll no doubt be cranking up the air conditioning to stay cool. However, loss of energy and cool air through old windows and doors is one of the most common problems you can face.
Replacing windows and doors is one of the easiest and quickest home improvements you can make. It has one of the best ratios of time to results. It’s relatively quick and painless, and the results mean immediate improvements in your family’s overall comfort.
Let’s talk about how you can prep your windows and doors to beat the Milwaukee summer heat by checking out some tips from the US Department of Energy.
- Install window awnings or plant trees and shrubs that shade your home from the sun (awnings that face south or west shield your home best).
- Make sure your windows have drapes, blinds, curtains, or shades that reflect the sun’s rays away from your home.
- Flip blinds the right way so that the sun is not being let into your home.
- Get heavy or specially installed curtains or drapes over windows (facing south or west is most effective).
- Keeps all blinds, drapes, curtains, and shades closed during the day.
- Close all your doors during the day to keep the heat outside.
- Check your windows and doors for air leaks that let the hot air find its way inside your home (if you have a leak, fix it ASAP).
Install Energy Efficient Windows and Doors!
The number one way to reduce wasted energy and money is to install brand new windows and doors that are energy efficient. The cost up front is nothing compared to the thousands you’ll save in energy costs.
We’ve been helping Milwaukee families save money on energy costs for decades. We know what it takes to do the job right. Contact us today for a free window and door installation estimate.